For the longest period of time, I went through numerous episodes of Depression with no end in site. Now, at the age of 28, my mind has seemed to take a shift as I am experiencing more hypomania episodes way more than every before. I do not go on crazy sex rampages, or much of that nature, my issue would be spending money and talking too fast.
The following is a list of typical Hypomania symptoms:
- Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
- Decreased need for sleep (e.g., feels rested after only 3 hours of sleep)
- More talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking
- Flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing
- Distractibility (e.g., attention too easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant external stimuli)
- Increase in goal-directed activity (either socially, at work or school, or sexually) or psychomotor agitation
- Excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., the person engages in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments)
I have highlighted the areas of Hypomania that effect me in italic. But yes it seems my mind has taken a complete 180 degrees when it comes to me once suffering from this Bipolar based depressive states to now what professional have labeled as hypomanic states. Funny, how the world goes round.